Get out and about at the Fremantle Festival
Thanks to Roel Loopers for giving us a taste of some of the not to be missed events at the Fremantle Festival (freoview.wordpress.com) which are summarised here:
* The End of Deckchair party is at Victoria Hall from 6.30.
* Head to Leake Street at 8pm for Gette Immense Intimite by French group Retouramont. They have never been seen in Australia before and are fantastique! according to Fremantle Festival guru Alex Marshall.
On Saturday there is:
* The Barista Competion at the Town Hall from 9am all day.
* Wardarnji Aboriginal Festival at the Fremantle Arts Centre from 12 midday. Music, dancing, bush tucker.
* Opening of indigenous artist Krocette at Kidogo Art House on Bathers Beach at 6pm.
On Sunday you can enjoy:
* The Tweed Run will start at the Esplanade in the morning to ride to the Cappuccino Strip, so get out the old bike, dress up and take part.
* The Children’s Festival is on at Samson Park from 10am-3pm.
* The Coffee Festival will be on at the strip from 11 am. Overdose on caffeine.
* W.A. Youth Jazz Orchestra will be playing at the Fremantle Art Centre. It starts at 1 pm, so one hour earlier than the usual courtyard music!
* Fremantle Designers Fashion Show at the Moores Building Art Centre in Henry Street at 6 pm.
* Jazz in the Park is on at Samson Park from 5-7 pm
and of course one should not miss the Sculptures on the Street at Wood and Blinco Street, the Pop-Up Shops in the Woolstores shopping centre and art shows around town.
For all festival information check out the City of Fremantle website, and the Festival Facebook page.